Tuesday, February 2, 2010

First day of "floor" training!


Today I am 13 weeks old (and 40+ pounds!)

As I have now had my full run of shots:  6 weeks, 9 weeks and 12 weeks, I am now cleared for more intensive socialization, and I can get OUT OF THE GROCERY CART!!

Today I went to our local supermarket, and I did SO GOOD- Mommy was BEAMING. 

I wore my no-pull collar (and didn't pull) and the shorter leash (which keeps me from putting my nose where it doesn't belong!) and my service dog vest. 

I walked RIGHT beside Mommy, went slow (and didn't PULL!) and whenever Mom stopped, I sat down to wait for her.

I was sweet to people I met (I didn't chew on anybody!) and walked calmly and quietly thru the store.

Mom was THRILLED- but I guess I sort-of lost it around the check-out line.  I started pulling (backwards) on the leash, and fighting Mommy, and eventually I started whining and barking.  (sigh)

Mommy thinks that the checkout is the thing I have not been exposed to enough- and maybe since I was riding in the cart (and often asleep) by that time- I'm not used to the tight aisle, and the people in front and behind us.  Perhaps I just got too 'crowded' and wanted OUT of there.

Mommy calmed me down- and we made it through the checkout. Then we went home- and I am SO tired after my big morning out for a walk, some shopping, and my first 'floor' work at the market.

Mom will post photos from my outings, soon!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This gal's think'n that Mommy needs to be sure to work out her muscles before Little Hamilton yanks her through the checkout line and out the door....

Woofs. Ham's rating system.

  • Five Woofs = I REALLY LIKE IT
  • Four Woofs = I like it
  • Three Woofs = It was OK
  • Two Woofs = Meh.
  • One Woof = No, thanks.

Hamilton's family

Followers

 

Hamilton. Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved: Tatanjia McNamara :|: Email Taj